The University Flying Club (UFC) operates a Van’s Aircraft RV9A.
- Model: RV9A
- Kit Manufacturer: Vans’s Aircraft
DAY VFR – Private Flying travel and recreational use, Transition / Conversion Training, CPL/ATPL, Hours Building
VH Registered, Full glass cockpit, Large Screen Dynon Skyview with integrated EFIS/EMS/moving-map GPS and Traffic System, Angle of Attack Sensors, Two-axis Autopilot, Garmin GTX335 ADSB Transponder (EB1), Plush interior, ADSB-IN/OUT Integrated traffic system, Sliding glass canopy for excellent all-round vision.
- Airframe: Full metal with Sensenich metal prop
- Cruise Speed: 140 knots
- MTOW: 794kg
- Usable Weight: 312kg
- Cost: Refer to the hire rates
- Location: Jandakot Airport (YPJT), Perth, Western Australia
- Aerobatics NOT permitted
Club Handling Notes and Documentation
- VH-LAT Handling Notes version 1.2 updated 15/7/2020
- VH-LAT Checklist version 1.3 25/06/2020
- LAT Stow and Secure Guide for Pilots (coming soon)
Getting Checked Out to Fly LAT
We recommend that if you are looking to be checked out to fly LAT you complete the following CASA questionnaire using the Handling Notes and documents provided above. This will equip you with the knowledge you require to complete the checkout process with an instructor and will also greatly enhance your understanding and safe use of the aircraft.
Useful Online Resources / CASA Resources
- CASA Pilot Guides (includes Jandakot Maps, Guides, etc.)