A Trial Flight / Trial Introductory Flight (or TIF for short) is a fantastic way to get a hands-on flying experience in our aircraft. After a short ground lesson with your instructor it’s “up and away” for your first flight with you at the controls. You will get to assist with Take Off and Landing and fly the aircraft during the lesson.
A TIF is a great starting point for people interested in learning to fly and it’s also a fantastic gift. We have gift vouchers available for purchase.
- $365 for 60 minutes*
- 6 foot 2 inches or ~90 kgs (depends on current fuel load).
What to bring:
- Camera (there’s a GoPro mount in the plane – feel free to bring your own GoPro)
- Closed shoes
How to order a voucher:
Payments can be made via direct bank deposit to UFC:
Account Number: 921256
Name: University Flying Club
Your voucher will be sent via email/mail once your payment has been received. Please include your deposit receipt number on your order form.
Booking your Flight:
- Once you have your voucher it’s valid for 6 months and you can book your flight on a suitable day.
- Please note as VH-EZT is privately owned by University Flying Club you will need to book the aircraft through UFC and Book an Instructor from Air Australia for your Trial Flight.
- We suggest you contact the UFC first to get an idea of Aircraft availability before booking your instructor at Air Australia.
- If you get stuck or aren’t sure what to do next give us a call we are happy to help.
- Note: The voucher covers the cost of your aircraft hire AND instructor.
Terms and Conditions:
1) Vouchers are non-refundable and valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
2) Booking changes are permitted before the day of departure.
a) Both University Flying Club (UFC) and Air Australia (AA) need to be notified of cancellations.
3) Cancellations (including no show) on the day of departure are not permitted and result in loss of voucher.
a) This does not apply to bookings cancelled by AA or UFC due to weather, safety or operational restrictions.
b) The club reserves the right to waive this condition in exceptional circumstances.
4) UFC and/or AA reserve the right to reschedule booked TIFs due to Maintenance, Weather, Safety and Operational requirements.
*Note we can’t guarantee an exact time in the air as variables such as wind direction, Jandakot traffic, weather, taxiway availability, tower clearances, etc. vary the time taken to get airborne for each flight. We aim to get you approximately 60 minutes in the air.