Join University Flying Club
- Hold a CASA PPL or greater
- <150 hours Total Time
- Complete a check flight with a UFC nominated instructor
- Complete 5 hours instruction on RV9A (includes the check flight above). This can be reduced on a case by case basis if logbook evidence is provided showing existing time on RV9/A or a similar Vans aircraft*.
- >150 hours Total Time
- Complete a check flight with a UFC nominated instructor.
Social membership is open to all.
- Flying Member (University Student) – $30 per annum
- Flying Members – Full – $99 per annum (half-year available after January 1st – $50)
- Social Membership – $20 per annum
The membership year runs from July to June. Membership renewals are full price and due on 1st June each year.
- Complete one of the Application Forms below
- Your application will be forwarded to the committee for review and the Membership Officer will get in touch with the outcome or requests for any additional information.
- Approved members will be scheduled for a club induction where you are shown how to access the club facilities and aircraft. You will also be asked to provide copies of your aviation documentation including:
- Licence (PPL +)
- Logbook (last 4 pages or 6 months whichever is greater) Plus pages showing time on RV aircraft if applicable.
- You will be connected with the Club’s preferred instructors to provide check flight / 5-hour transition training depending on your total hours/experience.
- Once your check flight and 5 hours total instruction (if applicable) is completed you will have full access to the aircraft booking system and be able to hire the club aircraft privately.
Membership Application Forms
Contact a committee member if you have any questions.
*RV12 is not considered a similar aircraft. Waivers are at the the discresion of the insurer.