Welcome to University Flying Club (UFC) Website. Please use the menu at the top of the page to navigate our site.
Who are we and what do we do?
- We are a not for profit flying club, one of Western Australia’s longest-running
- We own an aircraft and provide our members with affordable Private Aircraft Hire for Private Recreational Use based at Jandakot Airport Western Australia
- We promote the sport of General Aviation in Western Australia
A bit more about the Club
- We are based at Jandakot Airport about 10 minutes drive south of Perth.
- We operate an extremely well equipped Van’s RV-9A with the latest in modern avionics and safety technology. It’s absolutely amazing to fly, once you’ve flown a Van’s you will never go back to anything else.
- Bang for the buck ($$ per nautical mile per hour) you probably won’t find better value
- UFC is one of WA’s oldest flying clubs and has been in operation for over 63 years.
- The club aircraft is available for hire by members for private recreational use.
- We are not an exclusive club – all pilots and aviation enthusiasts are welcome to join.
- Our club is run by a small group of friendly, supportive, committed volunteers and offers more of a social “Club” feel for those wanting to get more out of their aviation experience than just time in the classroom.
- We participate in events and regularly attend fly-ins and events with other WA Flying and Aviation Clubs.
- We meet monthly to discuss club business and socialise with club members.
- You don’t need to be a University Student to join everyone is welcome.
- If you’d like to join the club you can find more information here: Join Uni Flying Club