Welcome to University Flying Club (UFC) Website. Please use the menu at the top of the page to navigate our site.
We have purchased a replacement aircraft, a Vans RV-9A, and are in the process of bringing it online for members to hire… hopefully in January 2020! Stay tuned. We do not currently have an aircraft online.
Who are we and what do we do?
- We are a not-for-profit flying club
- We own an aircraft and provide our members with affordable Private Aircraft Hire for Flight Training and Recreational use out of Jandakot Airport Western Australia
- We promote the sport of General Aviation in Western Australia
- We aim to offer the most affordable method for students to enter the aviation industry
A bit more about the Club
- We are based at Jandakot Airport just South of the Perth CBD
- UFC is one of WA’s oldest flying clubs and has been in operation for over 50 years
- The club aircraft is available for hire by members for private recreational use and training purposes (members can train for their Private Pilot’s Licence and Recreational Pilots Licence)
- We are not an exclusive club – all pilots and aviation enthusiasts are welcome to join.
- Our club is run by a small group of friendly, supportive, committed volunteers and offers more of a social “Club” feel for those wanting to get more out of their aviation experience than just time in the classroom.
- We participate in events and regularly attend fly-ins and events with other WA Flying and Aviation Clubs
- We meet monthly to discuss club business and socialise with club members
- we also run a flight-sharing mailing list so club members can organise flying trips with other members.
- You don’t need to be a University Student to join everyone is welcome.
- If you’d like to join the club you can find more information here: Join Uni Flying Club
Uni Flying Club is now proudly affiliated with the Curtin Flying Club, giving our members access to two beautifully maintained Cessna 172 aircraft at club rates (VH-CYQ a C172S and VH-KXW a G1000 equipped C172SP).